Friday 21 January 2011

Evaluation Question Two

How effective is the combination of your main product and ancillary texts?
In my audience feedback I found that the majority of my audience felt my 3 products worked well together.
I created continuity between my trailer and poster by using the same colour text. However, I did not use the same text which may have helped to improve the continuity. I also used the same vague release date of 'This Winter' on both to show they were released around the same time.
Although I did not use the same font on my magazine cover, this is not uncommon for film magazines, as their main function is to sell copies rather than promote a film. An example of this is the Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Total Film cover and the film's poster.
Another way in which I could have improved the effectiveness is by using a tagline across the three products which many films use.


No comments:

Post a Comment